The primary responsibility is to lead the process related to the finance, development, tax credit syndication and acquisition of land, buildings, and construction and/or rehabilitation of affordable housing communities.
- Syndicate and rehab apartment communities within Premier ownership.
- Develop land currently owned by Premier.
- Lead the work on fee opportunities for development connection with Premier.
- Work alongside the CEO to identify opportunities throughout the Midwest market for development and acquisition for Premier exclusively.
- Conduct research on housing needs and market conditions for specific projects.
- Oversee initial project conception, financial underwriting, and market and policy analysis.
- Lead all aspects of project financing including financing applications, initial underwriting, negotiations and closing.
- Obtain financing for projects including grants, loans, tax credits and other subsidies such as city governments, MHFA, etc.
- Ensure site control and suitability, including zoning, compliance with environmental regulations and entitlements.
- Ensure ongoing project compliance consistent with Limited Partnership Agreements (LPA’s) and various housing authorities.
Coordination with internal and external teams
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and relationship building activities with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community-based organizations, banks, and team members.
- Work with the Leadership Team to ensure that design, constructions, and delivery is consistent with financing and program requirements.
- Coordinate with Property Management team to ensure all objectives on the project and leasing requirements are communicated.
Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong time management and organizations skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly effective problem solving and flexibility while remaining focused on solutions.
- Work and communicate well within a team environment.
- Professionally represent the company values and vision publicly.
- Ability to work independently, identify next steps and act with little supervision.
- Strong computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, planning, or related field strongly preferred. Advanced degrees in business desired.
- Minimum of five years affordable housing development experience, including extensive successful experience in LIHTC deals required.
- Previous experience with YARDI preferred.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Ability to complete large filing projects.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
|Job Category||Full Time|