The primary responsibility is to oversee the operation of fiscally sound, well-maintained and socially healthy housing communities and provide leadership and guidance to property staff. The Regional Manager is an excellent communicator, problem solver and has the ability to maximize property performance and meet budgeted goals.
- Abides by all terms of the Management Agreements.
- Stays abreast of all compliance issues and code issues.
- Complies with all Fair Housing Laws.
- Interaction with state and federal agencies.
- Monitors compliance with HUD rules and regulations.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of all LIHTC requirements.
- Ensures compliance with building fire and safety codes.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast and complies with all state tenant/landlord laws.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing, ADA, all physical requirements, including but not limited to pool rules, fencing, lighting, etc.
- Provides Property Managers with direction to achieve financial performance goals; actively maintains budgetary control and restraint.
- Provides direction regarding staffing/employee issues, consults with HR.
- Assists with development of effective resident services program.
- Works with affiliate board and property staff on creating plans for preserving the property’s long-term affordability.
- Represents the property and corporation to public agencies and the community.
- Provides advisement/direction on all resident issues.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Provides verbal presentation of property progress.
- Solicits feedback from the group.
- Holds staff meetings to discuss global issues, provides global insight, and motivates.
- Provides Property Manager with written feedback regarding property visits.
- Hires, trains and mentors Property Managers in all aspects of operations. Assures company policies are followed in the hiring process.
- Coordinates all training for new managers or staff (acquisition) or new construction.
- Coordinates with heads of departments to assess and identify areas of concern, or of needed improvement
- Meets department benchmarks for occupancy.
- Coordinates with Property Managers to write effective marketing plans aimed at achieving and maintaining a minimum 95% occupancy rate.
- Drafts budgets for all properties.
- Drafts and secures arrival for annual operating plan and budget for resident/owner board.
- Reviews and approves all capital expenditures below $2,000.
- Reviews and approves all service contracts and contracted repairs below $2,000.
- Completes quarterly owner’s reports as required for each property.
- Completes budget packages for outside owners and regulatory agencies, including narrative summaries, market analysis, forecasting, capital needs projections.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of reports, payables, etc.
- Assesses physical condition of properties, makes recommendations for capital needs; keeps owner advised of major maintenance issues/projects.
- Inspects properties regularly and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Assures all property staff receives updated training regularly to ensure proficiency.
- Participates in property management meetings.
- Summarizes current concerns and plans of action for improving performance.
- Provides written analysis as needed and as requested.
- Assists with developing and then monitors all OPM procedures to ensure completeness and timeliness.
- Prepares quarterly property visit report a minimum of once a quarter.
- Walk grounds, vacant units and common areas including assessing signage, lighting and parking surfaces.
- Keeps abreast of timeframe of turning units, adjusts performance as needed to achieve 24 hour turnaround.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of Yardi software.
- Navigates throughout the Yardi software on a consistent basis.
- Assists with problem solving in Yardi.
- Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Analytical capability and methodical approach to presenting and interpreting data.
- Solid skills and experience with training, mentoring and motivating site managers and staff.
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance.
- Solve occupancy problems in a timely fashion.
- Develop, coordinate, communicate and adjust operating plan/management plans as needed to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Proficient in YARDI and EZ Labor.
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent seven years’ experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience in leasing and staff supervision.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Showing of apartments or walking property in adverse weather conditions.
|Job Category||Full Time|