The primary responsibility is to manage the daily operations of the property in order to provide a fiscally sound, well-maintained and socially healthy apartment community. The Property Manager provides leadership and guidance to the staff.
- Maintains a fiscally sound property by meeting all deadlines and adhering to the property budget.
- Operates property within budgeted income and expense guidelines.
- Meets company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collections and timely compliance paperwork.
- Assists or prepares annual budget for the property.
- Meet all corporate designated deadlines.
- Reviews and codes all invoices for payment.
- Track and evaluate utility costs.
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service.
- Supervises and purchases janitorial, maintenance and office supplies.Provides exceptional customer service and focuses on relationship building.
- Develops and maintains effective, professional relationship with residents, the community and owners/owner boards.
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with residents, resident cooperative, outside agencies and organizations.Markets the property in order to meet occupancy requirements.
- Implements comprehensive marketing strategy to meet predetermined vacancy standards.
- Responsible for leasing apartments; implement and maintain effective advertising and marketing plan.
- Maintains accurate waiting list. Selects and screens new residents.
- Shows vacant units to prospective residents.
- Print monthly reports concerning lease expiration dates and calculate rent increases.
- Assist with rent collection.Meets all legal and regulatory standards in the management of the property.
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and local laws.
- Comply with all City requirements and submit monthly reporting.
- Stays abreast of any changes in Fair Housing
- Manages the property staff and encourages growth and development.
- Supervises, direct, trains and evaluates staff.
- Prepares yearly employee performance reviews.
- Consults with Director of Property Management/Regional Manager prior to hiring, terminating or making wage or position adjustments of on-site personnel.
- Authorizes staff payroll.
- Implements staff, program and/or site improvements contained in budget and OPM.Maintains a clean and safe property for the residents.
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure resident property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition.
- Confers with Director of Maintenance concerning deferred maintenance, the operational budget, staff problems and overall maintenance related issues. Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of Yardi software.
- Navigates throughout the Yardi software on a consistent basis.
- Assists with problem solving in Yardi.
- Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Strong marketing and leasing skills
- Strong motivational skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks
- Proficient computer and office skills
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to coordinate resident activities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent collection skills
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software and EZ Labor
- Excellent accounting skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Affordable Housing Program
- Basic knowledge of apartment maintenance and construction
- Commitment to the property performance
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent four years experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience in leasing and staff supervision.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Showing of apartments or walking property in adverse weather conditions.
|Job Category||Full Time|