The primary responsibility is to complete daily and preventative building, unit, and grounds maintenance.
Completes general and preventive maintenance daily.
- Completes resident maintenance requests and repairs in a timely manner.
- Inspects building/grounds daily and makes needed repairs.
- Inspects vacant units and completes repairs before new resident moves in.
- Operates and services mechanical equipment and tools.
- Assists with preventive maintenance program.
- Monitors water levels on boiler systems.
- Cuts keys for residents.
- Lights pilot lights on gas stoves.
- Completes light painting/wall repair.
- Repairs window screens.
- Responds to after hour’s emergency calls.
- Performs seasonally appropriate grounds maintenance.
- Removes snow and ice from walkways, steps, and parking lot.
- Rakes leaves, mows lawns, plants greenery, prune trees, etc.
- Ensures a neat and clean property appearance.Performs general administrative functions.
- Maintains maintenance repairs log.
- Keeps maintenance shop clean, organized and equipment in good working order
- Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by company policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to trouble shoot maintenance problems
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated record keeping skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years residential maintenance experience, building maintenance or residential construction or equivalent certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification.
- Post secondary courses in electrical, plumbing and heating or equivalent industry certification preferred.
- Ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to kneel, crouch, and stoop
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to reach above and below shoulders
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, pull, manipulate tools, machinery, objects
- Ability to climb a ladder and work above ground
- Must provide own hand tools
|Job Category||Part Time|