The primary responsibility is to oversee maintenance and project maintenance/management activities, and provide training and guidance to property maintenance personnel.
- Manages and supervises project maintenance/management operations and provides training and guidance to property maintenance personnel.
- Acts as the primary resource for information and coordination of major maintenance projects.
- Interviews property maintenance candidates as necessary and trains maintenance personnel as needed.
- Ensures all major maintenance projects are completed within budges/time constraints.
- Provides technical assistance in developing and monitoring preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspects developments and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Preparation of specs and scope for projects exceeding $2,000. Oversees implementation of the Yardi Maintenance Program.
- Prepares monthly reports for President based on Yardi Maintenance program. Researches and recommends contractors, vendors and suppliers serving the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
- Maintains an up to date reference file on vendors and distributes it to the property management department.
- Makes recommendations to Property Managers regarding which vendors or contractors to hire and assists in supervising outside vendors and contractors.
- Reviews and recommends approval of bids to President and/or Regional Manager. Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by company policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to design cost containment/prevention maintenance programs and perform cost benefit analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified residential maintenance technician or post secondary courses in electrical, plumbing, heating, and refrigeration.
- Minimum five years of residential maintenance/construction/contractor experience.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word/Excel for Windows. Physical
- Ability to kneel, crouch, stoop
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to push and pull up to 100 pounds
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to reach above and below shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, pull, manipulate tools, machinery and objects Other Requirements
Must be willing and able to respond to after hours emergency calls.
|Job Category||Full Time|