The primary responsibility is to assist in the management of the daily operations of the property in order to provide a fiscally sound, well-maintained and socially healthy apartment community.
- Process all certifications with applicable state, federal and local laws as they relate to housing program/policies: Section 8, 236 and LIHTC.
- Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Performs timely compliance of MHFA Section 8/42 recertification deadlines.
- Prepares all resident certifications.
- Schedules and conducts tenant interviews.
- Verifies appropriate documents and assembles certification.
- Enters tenant records and generates essential certifications within YARDI software.
- Maintains resident files in accordance with the applicable housing program regulations and company policies.
Facilitate help to develop, coordinate and maintain the Waiting List to consistently adhere with HUD’s rules and regulations.
- Assists in entering marketing information, position applicant accordingly, and extract households from Waiting List in accordance with HUD’s rules and regulations.
- Selects and screens prospective residents and assists them with the application process.
- Complies with all fair housing laws and stays abreast of changes.
Responsible for the leasing of apartments and maintaining a 97-100% occupancy rate.
- Prints monthly reports concerning lease expiration dates and calculates rent increases.
- Schedules appointments for lease signing and follows through with all appropriate paperwork.
Assists Property Manager with the day-to-day operation of the property.
- Maintains effective, professional relationships with residents, outside agencies and organizations.
- Meets all corporate designated deadlines.
- Reviews and codes all invoices for payment.
- Confers with Director of Maintenance concerning deferred maintenance.
- Meets company benchmarks for rent collections and timely compliance paperwork.
- Must be available for work on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities are completed and/or necessary.
Works cooperatively with the Compliance Department.
- Assists with projects at other properties or the corporate office as needed.
Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of Yardi software.
- Navigates throughout the Yardi software on a consistent basis.
- Assists with problem solving in Yardi. Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by company policies and procedures. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Strong leasing skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent collection skills
- Proficient on the computer
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software
- Excellent accounting skills
- Typing speed of 40 to 50wpm
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Affordable Housing Program
- Commitment to the property performance
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent two years experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook and Excel
- Experience in leasing
- COS designation preferred; or ability to obtain within one year
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Showing of apartments or walking property in adverse weather conditions
|Job Category||Full Time|