Premier Housing Management is seeking an experienced Assistant Property Manager with previous affordable housing experience to join our team in Minneapolis, MN. Must have experience processing Section 8 and/or Tax Credit certifications to be considered.
- Process all certifications with applicable state, federal and local laws as they relate to housing program/policies: Section 8,236 and LIHTC.
- Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Performs timely compliance of MHFA Section 8/42 recertification deadlines.
- Prepares all resident certifications. Schedules and conducts tenant interviews.
- Verifies appropriate documents and assembles certification.
- Enters tenant records and generates essential certifications within YARDI software.
- Maintains resident files in accordance with the applicable housing program regulations and company policies.
- Facilitate help to develop, coordinate and maintain the Waiting List to consistently adhere with HU D’s rules and regulations.
- Assists in entering marketing information, position applicant accordingly, and extract households from Waiting List in accordance with HUD’s rules and regulations.
- Selects and screens prospective residents and assists them with the application process.
- Complies with all fair housing laws and stays abreast of changes.
- Responsible for the leasing of apartments and maintaining a 97-100% occupancy rate.
- Prints monthly reports concerning lease expiration dates and calculates rent increases. Schedules appointments for lease signing and follows through with all appropriate paperwork.
- Assists Property Manager with the day-to-day operation of the property.
- Maintains effective, professional relationships with residents, outside agencies and organizations. Meets all corporate designated deadlines.
- Reviews and codes all invoices for payment.
- Confers with Director of Maintenance concerning deferred maintenance.
- Meets company benchmarks for rent collections and timely compliance paperwork.
- Must be available for work on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities are completed and/or necessary.
- Strong leasing skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent collection skills
- Proficient on the computer
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software
- Excellent accounting skills Typing speed of 40 to 50wpm
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Affordable Housing Program
- Commitment to the property performance
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent two years experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook and Excel
- Experience in leasing COS designation preferred; or ability to obtain within one year
|Job Category||Full Time|