Premier Housing Management is a rapidly growing property management company based in the Twin Cities area. We are seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Property Management to join our team. The primary responsibility is to assist the Director of Property Management in providing effective leadership to the Regional Managers and other Property Management staff, ensuring that the properties are fiscally sound, and the communities are well managed and maintained.
- Oversees the implementation of initial marketing and lease-up efforts for new properties ensuring that all units are leased in compliance with all regulatory agreements.
- Assesses physical condition of properties, makes recommendations for capital needs; keeps owner advised of major maintenance issues/projects.
- Inspects properties and takes corrective action as needed. Assures all site staff receive updated training regularly to ensure proficiency.
- Provides direction regarding staffing/employee issues and consults with Human Resources.
- Works with affiliate board and property staff on creating plans for preserving the site’s long-term affordability.
- Represents the property and company to public agencies, the community and to the media.
- Reviews, analyzes, interprets and summarizes financial, occupancy and other property operating reports.
- Prepares annual operating and capital improvement budgets for all properties and ensures timely completion and submission to regulatory agencies, partners and investors.
- Coordinates with Regional and Property Managers to write effective marketing plans aimed at achieving and maintaining a minimum 95% occupancy rate.
Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of Yardi software.
- Navigates throughout the Yardi software on a consistent basis.
- Assists with problem solving in Yardi.
Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance as outlined by company policies and procedures. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Strong leadership, management and supervisory skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage a diverse employment base.
- Strong client, resident and public presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations as necessary with your own transportation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent six years’ experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience in staff supervision.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Walking and stair climbing.
|Job Category||Full Time|